ACE Prep Courses
The ACE Group Fitness Instructor Prep Course is designed to prepare individuals for the ACE Group Fitness Instructor Certification and to design and instruct a variety of safe, fun, and effective Group Fitness classes with Campus Recreation. This course is a prerequisite for employment as a Group Fitness Instructor with Campus Recreation.
This course is designed to prepare individuals to work with people who can exercise independently to improve health-related physical fitness, manage health risks, and promote lasting health behavior change. The ACE Prep course does NOT certify individuals as group fitness instructors, rather prepare them for employment with Campus Rec and the ACE Group Fitness Instructor certification.
The ACE Personal Training Prep Course is designed to provide theoretical knowledge and practical skills in preparation for the ACE national certification exam in personal training. This course is also a prerequisite for employment as a Personal Trainer with Campus Recreation.
Topics include guidelines for instructing safe, effective, and purposeful exercise, essentials of the client-trainer relationship, conducting health and fitness assessments, and designing and implementing appropriate exercise programming. The ACE Prep course does NOT certify individuals as personal trainers, rather prepare them for employment with Campus Rec and the ACE Personal Training certification.
Each prep course is offered once per semester, more information including dates, etc. can be found on the Campus Recreation portal. For additional information please contact Krista Gooris at kgooris@IllinoisState.edu or (309) 438-3704.
Custom Fitness Programming
Custom Fitness Programming is ideal for clients or groups looking for a basic exercise program that they wish to complete on their own. Each fitness program plan will consist of video and written workouts based on 6 preference options and a weekly calendar plan. Participation in the Student Fitness Center is contingent upon the membership status of all group members.
Custom Fitness Programming Is Great For
- Student organizations
- Athletic teams
- Residence halls
- Individual workout program
- 4-week fitness program (5 workouts/videos), $250
- 8-week fitness program (10 workouts/videos), $450
- 12-week fitness program (15 workouts/videos), $650
How to Get Started
- Fill out the Custom Fitness Programming Request form
- Once the form has been completed, a Fitness representative will contact you within 2 business days to verify the information and ask any questions pertaining to creating your fitness program. Requests must be made 10 days prior to the date of the desired time of delivery.
- Call (309) 438-3704 with any questions or to discuss possible options for your group.