Starting a Sport Club
The requirements to become a registered Sport Club at Illinois State University are as follows:
All aspiring Sport Clubs must complete the Student Activities and Involvement Office registration process to become a Registered Student Organization (RSO) and maintain active status for at least a year before Sport Club consideration.
Reference the new Sport Club Checklist for information about creating a club.
Some obligations of being a sport club include, but are not limited to:
- Complete all paperwork by the stated deadlines and attend any necessary meetings
- Maintain an active team roster within Redbird Life that only includes eligible participants, ensure all members have signed a waiver
- Communicate regularly with Sport Club Administration
- Demonstrate the ability to handle club finances, while following University guidelines
- Establish annual goals and objectives and actively work towards achieving them
- Participate fully in the safety directives of the Sport Club Program
- Be responsible for the clean-up/maintenance of facilities used